12/28/2004
I need to do this
I keep talking about it but now I actually need to do it. I want to build a little desk mounted trebuchet. I love trebuchet they're just so darned cool and I want to make a tiny little one that'll lob pennies or grapes or whatnot. Perhaps I can knock down my cube wall with a constant barrage of marbles.
I love being a geek.
Trouble with the mini trebuchet idea is in that interview. The trebuchet functions on weight not by some power source (bent mettle bar, twisted rubber band, etc) and since it's smaller the weight box will just inherently weigh less and thus my range will be limited. Oh well I'll still be able to say that I built a tiny little desk trebuchet and everyone will know I'm a big geek (everyone who doesn't know already.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The ballista roXors! My favorite quote on that site was "Torsion skeins don’t suffer anywhere near the amount of power loss when downsized as gravity powered mechanisms do; even a teeny-weeny ballista will fire a kabob skewer into drywall."
Kabob skewer mayhem! And the fact that he ships them with laser pointers is just plain evil!
I like it. I like it lots!
J-
Kabob skewer mayhem.
have you been reading sluggy freelance (http://www.sluggy.com)
Can't say that I have. Though, I am quite fond of pvponline.com. You should give it a read!
J-
Post a Comment