4/11/2004

I am amazingly grumpy today and can't quite put my finger on it. I had a tiny little argument about being vegan with my family this morning and that's probably it. I hadn't eaten yet and I'm kind of a bitch when I get hungry. I'm downloading image magic onto my wife's computer so I can test something before we go down to the barn and go through our crap and throw shit out. We're over at the folks this weekend, they're looking at buying a home and they'll no longer have the huge barn they have here at the house they're renting. oop image magic is done. Time to play. I want to see if I can use it to convert pinyin text to images. There's a woman living in Taiwan and she's putting her syllabry (her vocabulary for the first few years of learning mandarin.) but she currently doesn't have any way to display tones so she's writing with tone numbers. I'm going to write a little app that'll turn it into real hanyu pinyin either text or images. I figure that hopefully she'll be able to use it and if she doesn't then I'll just be able to run stuff through it so I can read it better. Perhaps I'll get real fancy some day and make it convert to bopomofo as well.

No comments: