3/15/2005

It's ALIVE!

So I finally got the web server back online. There always seemed to be something else more important so It's been down since we moved back in September. Now I'll have to get Movable Type installed and become one of the blogger elite. ^_^ Trying to get SILC setup right now but it's being pissy and not compiling. Also I need to recompile apache and get php compiled. I think it borked on me last time I tried to get php moving, maybe there's a precompiled apache/php for OS X I can download. If this crap keeps up I'm going to have to find an old beater x86 laptop I can snag (shudder) so I can install Linux. OSX works pretty damned well and I like not having Intel hardware around but I really want to start using php. Anyone have an old laptop or work in a place where they'll be able to pick up a dead one. The ideal machine is fairly recent but the company is willing to part with it because the screen is broken and it'll cost to much for the repair. That's how I got the old web server back when a g3 was still a viable machine. Built in battery backup is cool. Dang. Why didn't I know about this back when my folks where moving? They had several cars to get rid of and they where having trouble getting someone to take them. This is what I'm getting: ld: multiple definitions of symbol _optopt /usr/lib/libpthread.dylib(getopt.So) definition of _optopt /Users/username/toolbox/silc-server-0.9.18/lib/.libs/libsilc.a(getopt.o) definit ion of _optopt in section (__DATA,__data) make[1]: *** [silcd] Error 1 make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 which of course means nothing to me. I've found references to 'multiple definitions of symbol _optopt" or any of the other symbols I'm getting multiple symbols for but all the refs tell me this is non fatal. Of course '[all-recursive] Error 1' is obviously fatal but I'm not sure if it's caused by the above error or something else.

No comments: