6/16/2004

The Death Of HaloScan

Long time no blog yes. It's getting hairy at work schedules are getting tight. Now, enough excuses HaloScan is going to have to go. Trackback is cute and all but Blogger's built in comments include email notifications when someone leaves you a message. With Haloscan you have to pay for such a service. Right. I wonder if the comment system is as easy to customize as the posts are. Then I can just copy my existing comments over. So, what's up with the traffic this week. Where is everybody. I was late both Monday and Tuesday. Far later than I am accustomed to being and yet I still got a parking spot at the BART station. This just doesn't happen and yet it did, two days in a row. Today made good time and got on the ~7:15 train which should be packed to capacity right at the commute hour and I think the seat across from me was occupied for ll of about two stations somewhere between Rockridge and the city. Did we hit a big recession over the weekend or is there some sort of holiday I'm missing out on? My evening commuter buddy has been mentioning the lack of traffic on the roads this week. Where are all you people? What will it take to keep you there? No offence but I like it. I can actually park less than ten minute walk from the platform. I might even be able to start having a cup of coffee before I leave again. Now wherever you all are can you let me know so I can spread the word around town? It still takes a dog's age to get TO the BART station. I am continually amazed that it takes over twenty minutes to make the 8 miles to the station. Worse if I try and hop on the freeway. Wife did a nice comfort food dinner tonight. Mashed potatoes with gravy, steamed broccoli, and Fake chicken nuggets (Morning Star) Dood side bar here. I only now realized that Morningstar is made by Kellog's. This is a shock since we LOVE their products. They've got a minimum of nasty crap, they're reasonably priced and they actually taste good. For many of the items Morningstar is the best one we've found (Morning Star Fake Bacon tastes just like real bacon but it's a thousand times easier to cook and far less greasy.) They're not vegan which is of course the end goal but they're so much like real bacon that sometimes the smell alone will satisfy a meat urge. Which takes me back to the topic at hand which is that this is quite an impressive comfort food setup considering that it's almost entirely vegan (nuggets contain whey.) But at least we're on the right track.

No comments: