6/08/2004

To Haloscan or not to Haloscan

Well originally when Blogger updated thier offerings adding comments I had thought I would stick with Haloscan since they offer trackback in addition to comments and it just seemed like a nifty idea. Then I got this comment from someone. It was a nice comment and I replied to it but it made me curious. What post was he responding to? He mentioned items from a couple of posts but when I checked them out on my page they list no comments. Seems like references to the post that someone is responding to are a fee service in haloscan. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't switch. Blog's relitavely new. I have few comments I can recreate those by hand if need be (just to give me a sence of community) so it wouldn't be to hard. I think trackback is cool but I'm not married to the idea. Hmm.... food for thought. So many things to move or add. Some day I should host this on my server but other than a little bit of control I don't see a real advantage to that. I could add other features like a notify list or a message board but I have little traffic so the site doesn't warrant that. Did enable URL forwarding so I'm available at theholeinmyhead.com (www will work in the morning seems my idea of simplifying DNS management by making www.theholeinmyhead.com a cname for theholeinmyhead.com doesn't work with joker's URL redirection.)

No comments: