6/08/2004
Fiction Binge
I'm on a fiction binge again. Back when I decided I was behind in my career I stopped reading for fun. Currently I only read if it will further me somehow. I do study Mandarin which is mostly a hobby but it's learning so I think that's O.K. Other than that it's tech books. Perl, SSL, Sendmail, LDAP, whatever. That however can only last so long before I need a fix. And when I need a fix I need it bad. This time it's not coming on as strong. I read Vor (James Blish) last weekend then made it almost five days before I gave in to more. Started The first book in the Dragonriders of Pern series (Anne McCaffrey) on Friday night. Finished it Saturday. Started the second Sunday and should finish it today or tomorrow. Don't know how far I'll get throughout that series but the last time I had a good binge I consumed something like the first nine books in the Myth (Robert Asprin) series in about nine days. This time I'm back on an old time scifi kick. I'll go part way through Dragonriders then grab a couple of old pulp sci-fi treats before I settle back into my old routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment