6/16/2004

Wellll....

So I've broken HaloScan and moved to the built in Blogger comments engine. It's not as good. We'll se if I dislike it enough to switch back or not. First off you can't post with arbitrary info. You can post as a blogger member user or as anonymous. This kinda ticks me off. Secondly (though intimately attached) you can't leave an arbitrary home page when you post. In fact none of the info is arbitrary. In a HaloScan post you just fill out the lines for name, email address, home page, and your comments. Nicely it remembers you so you don't have to enter that each time. On the other hand EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS! I likes that feature much. much much. hrmmm.... Dang. I think I'm about to switch back to haloscan. Fortunately there are no blogger comments registered (it's been all of about four minutes. I'll miss the email notifications. Those four minutes where nice. But there's a lot of bloggers out there that don't use blogger. And I don't want to be the one discriminating against them because they're not using blogger. Admittedly they could register for blogger and then put thier real URL into thier profile but come on! That's crap. I refuse to use a service that requires people to register to use it. If you're posting a blog for me to read. Make it so I can read it. I will not jump through hoops to do so. Same thing with pictures. If you want to send me pictures of your cat or your wedding I'll be more than happy to look at them but if I have to register I'll just move on. Sorry but it's true. Well.... here comes haloscan (fortunately I anticipated something of this nature.)

No comments: