6/09/2004

Merger Blues

NOT. It seems to good to be true. My company is in the middle of being acquired by this bigassed company that just happens to be based about fifteen miles from where I spent my teenage years. So thinking I was going to be heading down for some meetings I started calling the old crew to find out if anyone works there and I could get some inside dirt. They do. Turns out the schpiel about the FANTASTIC bonus program they have and the good salaries is true. Not only that but their "Values" that they speak so highly about seem to be there true. Well not that he says they're there but that he bitches about the "values" brainwashing but he's kinda the grumpy sort so I take that to be a good thing. At least he was when we where in HS and I hear he hasn't mellowed. I love this old crew. My only real worry with this merger is that I'll be stuck doing stuff I don't like. I have no doubt that there will be plenty of stuff for me to do here where I am and that I'll have a job. But Here I kinda run the party, and now I won't. I mean I built our wan. They've already got one (and with FAT wads of cash it's way way better than what I cobbled together.) I'm a little afraid that I'll be stuck doing some drudgy thing that I don't like. We'll see, there's definitely enough to do that I should have some good opportunities and my salary should improve (current site pays jack but what do you expect for a company with no product) so we'll see.

No comments: