8/09/2005
Makin' the change
Well I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to dump this old horse and switch to MovableType. I finally figured out what was wrong with my MT installation. Feels kinda silly too. See back when I unpacked it the first time and set it up there was this tiny bit of info that I was missing. I messed with MT for about 1/2 an hour or something and then never got back to it. I was REALLY busy, tired of doing computer crap and unimpressed by the boring text only engine that you get when you download MT for free.
It's not a text only engine.
So about 3 days ago I started messing with MT again only this time in earnest. I figured out a couple of things that were bugging me and overall got to the point where I figured I'd start using it. It wasn't pretty but hey under the hood it was cool. It supports more things than Blogger and has a couple of features built in that I wanted.
SOOoooo yesterday I do nothing.
Tonight however I start messing with it and there's a couple of buttons that don't do anything. This bugs me since one of them is delete this thing that's bugging me right. So I go to the manual look up bugs and scroll down till I find an interesting one. I see one called some buttons don't do anything.
Well guess what there's a file called mt.js that you need to move into your static files folder. Static files are files that you probably don't want in your cgi directory. Files like images. There's this static files section in the config. It mentions a stylesheets file and two directories that you should move. It does NOT mention this new file. So I move this file.
DANG! Not only is movabletype functional but it's pretty. And all the "broken" features aren't so borked anymore. I'm amazed it works as well as it does considering the major change that it's just gone through. MT is wicked cool. Still lacks a spellchecker but the Blogger one bites my hankey anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment