8/12/2005

Math Is Hard

O.K. this post has nothing to do with math but I've always been amazed and disgusted that there is a Barbie that says that. Great thing to be teaching our kids. What is hard is making your own template, way hard Ted, at least the first time you do it. It’s all this CSS stuff that truly blows me. The template tags are real basic and easy to understand but I've never worked with stylesheets. Honestly I Loathe html. Scary part, I've been working with these templates I found online trying to get them to go and I am starting to grok CSS, no that's not the scary part. The scary part is that I like it. There, I said it, I like CSS. I of course heard about stylesheets years ago and recognized that being able to co-ordinate your fonts for body, various headers, etc on a site based level instead of a page based level was a good idea. What I didn’t know until recently was that CSS does much, much more. You can arrange your page using only CSS; I may never use a table again. You can set abbreviations using CSS. I may never type again. All this rocks my ‘fro. All this I learned from the csszengarden project. All this was prompted by a reply to the previous post. In face everything between the Barbie and that previous sentence was basically a cut and paste.

No comments: