5/06/2004

Gaaah! Fucking vendors

These vendors are killing me. We're fucking paying them boatloads of cash and yet we still walk on eggshells when talking to them. We're all afraid of pissing them off. Dude they're our fucking vendor. They should just be saying yessir and nomam. Gah. You know I'm fucking sorry that your stupid pathetic dumbassed fucking organization is such a piece of shit that we're a little uncomfortable with the idea of you fucking up our environment, again. Not like there haven't been seven thousand fucking problems in the past. Never mind that although we're supposed to be upgrading the system on fucking Saturday the test environment hasn't been stable for two weeks now. Nevermind that there's been no lockout of the fucking test environment. So it's broken now and I can't verify that the environment we're supposed to be moving into actually works. Nevermind that my entire infrastructure is going to be brought down in two weeks because of some other upgrade that has nothing to do with us. pant pant OK on the plus side the folks that actually own my server seem to have their shit together. Some of them in a really big way. Problem is none of them own the network that it's plugged into. Nor the VPN that connects us to that network. Bigger problem is that none of these groups seem to talk well to one another and they're scattered all over the fucking planet so no wonder. Now they're probably going to come back and try and talk us into not postponing. No suppress there they've already got a bunch of folk ready to come in over the weekend and I think they're doing another customer at the same time but, you know, Bummer. Work it out. I'm sorry I really am We're not doing this because we hate you or because we just think it's fun to fuck with the schedule. There has been a long track record of screwups with this arrangement. Makes us a tines bit edgy. tins, tinsy bit. cause you know I don't want to have to explain to my boss why it's broken and that I kinda expected that it would be but went ahead anyway.