5/16/2004

The Purge Has Begun

So My folks are getting real serious about buying a place and thus we will no longer have the seemingly limitless supply of storage that is the barn on the property they're renting right now. Thus we must purge ourselves of many many years of collected crap. Some of it I will miss. Much of it I'm no longer that attached to. I'm learning to let go of stuff. Largely I think it'll be the books that bother me the most. I'm not sure I can get rid of them. I've got tons of old sci-fi sitting in boxes down in the barn and it's difficult enough for me to get rid of any books but many of these are vintage pulp sci-fi from when my dad was a kid (some of it even older.) Right now I'm at work dropping off some old computer crap. We take stuff to a computer recycler here so I don't have to feel bad about dumping toxins into a landfill or something. My wiped finally tanked. Pisses me off. It's probably 13 months old give or take but It no longer functions as an mp3 player. Weird part is I can get it to come up in disk mode and I can get data on and off of it but it will no longer boot and function as an mp3 player. Tried the restore but that didn't work. It just won't revive. I dunno what I'll do. I want to see how much it's going to cost me to get it fixed. The damned thing is a fantastic device and I really don't want to do without it but money is a little tight right now so I don't know what I can pull together. We'll see. I finally brought in some plant food for my coffee plants. So maybe the'll do something. I've had them for more than six months and they've not grown an inch. They haven't died yet so I'm still hopefull.

No comments: