5/18/2004

My First Blogger Gripe

So I tried to attach a photo to my profile but it wouldn't let me. Seems there's a 68 character limit to the url field when you're linking to a photo. This is dumb. Why do people have to impose arbitrary restrictions like that? Understandably you have to specify a field size when you write the cgi but why not 168 or 99 or whatever. My image name alone is over twenty characters long, add another 11 just to get past www and a domain name that's 20 chars and I don't have much room for directory structure. Now I'm going to have to go create a link to it closer to root on my page and I'm WAY to lazy to do that soon. that's typing another ten or twenty keystrokes that I just don't feel I should be forced to type.

No comments: