7/29/2004

Am I the only one that thinks blogger is slow?

Don't get me wrong it's a great tool and my problem is exacerbated by the fact that I frequently access it using this sprint cdma modem. But sometimes it just takes forever. Even when I'm at home to get into this blogger tool. Just loading the main window takes a while and getting to the create page takes even longer. I may start just emailing posts that I want to make while on bart but then I couldn't put links in them (OK I suppose I could compose the messages in html but using blogger is about laziness. If I wanted to not be lazy I could install Movable Type or some other popular blogging engine on my machine) and loading the edit posts to pull that off takes even longer. Well, it's free and I'm to lazy to install my own stuff so I'll make do for now. I think that'll all havo to change when I want to add features like polls and guestlists. I'm not real keen on hosting my guestlist with some free host so that they can spam everyone who's signed it. Also I think I have enough crap linked off the page. I can already see it from time to time loading the page and with every new interdependancy comes more of a chance that it'll bork and kill the site. With all this why haven't I moved? Well A all those things I'm linking to I'd need to install an equivalent and then move my data (likely by hand) and B blogger just has so many fetures that the early desire to move off blogspot and start doing it on my own just sort of withered. It's still there but it pales in comparison to the desire not to add anything to my plate with everything that is going on at work right now. Well here I am most of the way to the bay and I haven't posted yet, I've been working, the nerve. I feel bad since it's been like a week but I've been so damned tired on the way home that I haven't much felt like chatting. I've got a couple of things I want to blather about a bit but those will come toningt or at lunch. I want to look up a couple of links to related items. Ooh last chance before the water, no spellcheck but post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron, I thought I'd just leave this message on your blog. I hope you don't mind. I've been trying to find blogs where people are talking about video web hosting and when I was looking, I found this one on this post. Am I the only one that thinks blogger is slow?, thought I would say hi, before I go off to find some more video web hosting